- Raffensperger indicates county DA could launch investigation
- Trump pressed Georgia to overturn Biden victory
- Leave military out of it, former defence secretaries tell Trump
- US Covid hospitalizations at record high as Fauci warns it may get worse
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Here’s where the day stands so far:
Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger will hold a press conference at 3 pm ET, hours before Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Dalton for Republican Senate candidates David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler.
Raffensperger will likely use the press conference to preemptively push back against Trump’s baseless claims of widespread fraud in Georgia’s vote count.