11:35am – The latest on the Julian Assange case.
10:42am – This will be expected to ruffle the feathers of a few Tory backbenchers, as the debate on lockdown measures takes place later today.
9:42am – We are due to hear from Boris Johnson at around 11:30am this morning.
8:57am – More from Nadhim Zahawi on the challenges of the vaccine rollout:
8:30am – Ministerial media rounds
Up today is the Vaccine Deployment Minister, Nadhim Zahawi.
8:00am – Today’s key developments:
- Parliament sits for the first time in 2021 after it is recalled early from recess. The PM is due to give an update to the Commons on Covid-19.
- The Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson, to update the House this afternoon on contingency plans for kids after school closures.
- Something a little different: Transport Committee meet at 9:30am this morning with an update on the progress of HS2.
7:55am – Yesterday’s round-up:
- 1.3 million people estimated to have coronavirus in the UK.
- Chris Whitty: “The risk level now is extraordinarily high”, claims some restrictions may be needed next winter.
- The Chancellor Rishi Sunak announces new £4.6 billion economic support package for the new lockdown period.
7:35am – Good morning and welcome to Wednesday’s edition of Politics Live!