10:33am – Do MPs cost the taxpayer too much?
9:45am – ICYMI: Nicola Sturgeon released a video on Twitter last night condemning transphobia.
The video has been viewed over a million times and has sparked a fierce online row between SNP members, campaigners, and members of the public alike.
9:00am – More from Michael Gove on the Desmond Swayne story.
8:30am – Up this morning is the cabinet minister, Michael Gove.
8:15am – What’s happening in UK politics this morning:
- Boris Johnson visits Scotland in a bid to protect the future of the union.
- SNP members fight each other on social media over transphobia row.
- Conservative MP Desmond Swayne is in hot water for urging anti-vax campaigners to continue fighting against government restrictions.
8:00am – Good morning everyone, welcome to Politics Live.
A re-cap of yesterday’s key headlines:
- Schools won’t open until March 8th at the earliest.
- Labour call for critical workers to be bumped up the quarantine list.
- Priti Patel announces new tougher border measures.