10:15am – Very interesting indeed. David Frost misses out on becoming the new national security advisor.
Mr Frost was most recently the UK’s chief negotiator in securing a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU.
10:03am – Brand Rishi continues to evolve. Look at that pose!
9:10am – The former head of the UK vaccine task force Kate Bingham suggests the prospect of the EU blocking vaccine exports to the UK is an unlikely scenario.
8:30am – Ministerial media rounds:
A different flavour for you, as we look at what Mark Drakeford has been saying about schools this morning.
8:15am – What’s happening in UK politics this morning:
- The new Novavax vaccine trial shows 89.3% efficacy and is now awaiting approval by regulators. The UK has ordered 60 million doses of the jab.
- The EU could block vaccine exports to the UK as the extraordinary row with AstraZeneca over the number of doses ordered continues.
- Wales first minister Mark Drakeford breaks with Labour on schools plan.
8:00am – For the last time in January, welcome to Politics Live!
A reminder of what happened yesterday:
- PM “not worried” about Germany blocking AstraZeneca jab approval for the over 65s.
- UK extend travel ban to UAE, Burundi and Rwanda.
- Nicola Sturgeon tells MSPs in Holyrood that the Scottish government could “exceed” vaccination targets in some areas.